HOA Meeting Room Use Application
MEETING ROOM USE APPLICATION FOR HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATIONS
New Hanover Township makes available for Homeowner Associations, within the township, use of the back half of the municipal building’s meeting room, free of charge. Please find the application below.
The following procedures and guidelines outline the rules and regulations:
- Homeowner Associations (HOA’s) within New Hanover Township (NHT) may use the back half of the municipal building’s meeting room to conduct meetings, free of charge.
- The maximum occupancy for the available meeting space is 50.
- There is no smoking allowed in the building.
- Alcohol, malt beverages, drugs and other contraband is forbidden on all Township-owned properties or facilities.
- Reservations are issued and on a first come, first served basis, with all Township business taking precedence over other groups or individuals.
- The meeting room may be used between 5 – 9 PM, Mondays – Thursdays.
- There are bathrooms available for use.
- Food and drink are not permitted.
- Taping, tacking, or affixing (i.e. posters, flyers, balloons, etc.) to the walls is prohibited.
- The meeting room is video recorded 24/7.
- The room must be left in as good a condition as it was found. Any damage that should occur during the use of a Township-owned property or facility shall be reported within twenty-four (24) hours following such use.
- The room is subject to cancellation without notice due to a township emergency.
- The point of contact for the HOA must obtain a key card from NHT in advance of the meeting, which will allow for the contact person to unlock the doors.
- The HOA must inform NHT of the number of chairs and tables it will need in the meeting room. The HOA does not need to put away the chairs or tables following the meeting.
- There is a television in the meeting room that is available for use. The HOA is responsible for bringing an HDMI cable should it need to connect a computer to the television. NHT staff will only be available to test the HOA’s equipment before the meeting occurs.
The Applicant/Point of Contact must complete and submit the HOA Meeting Room Application form.