Open Space Committee Volunteers Needed
The powers and duties of the Open Space Committee shall be to:
- Make recommendations to the appropriate board and/or commission as to the possible acquisition and/or management of open land property, by gift, purchase, grant, bequest, easement, devise or lease, which open land property the Committee recommends shall be used for the purposes as further identified herein.
- Make recommendations regarding the Open Space Plan.
- Promote community open space protection awareness and programs.
- Keep an index of all open space areas, whether publicly or privately owned, including but not limited to flood-prone areas, swamps and other unique natural areas, for obtaining information on and making recommendations regarding the proper use of such open space areas.
- Undertake such additional tasks as requested by the Board of Supervisors.